What is restorative dentistry?
Restorative dentistry include treatments that focus on restoring and rehabilitating a patient’s smile. This includes addressing everything from cavities and broken teeth to missing and infected teeth. There are a number of treatments available today to help repair and restore a patient’s smile. Talking with trusted dental and prosthodontics experts is essential to select the treatments that are right for you.
What kinds of restorative dentistry treatments does Garine Prosthodontics offer?
There are a number of dental treatments that fall under the umbrella of restorative dentistry. Some of the treatments we are proud to offer at Garine Prosthodontics include:
- Crowns. Protect existing tooth structures while repairing shape and damage with dental crowns. This restorative option is perfect to restore the shape, size, and function of your teeth.
- Bridges. Bridging the gap has never been easier than with dental bridges, which use a variety of options to replace missing teeth.
- Fillings. Dental fillings help resolve cavities in teeth caused by decay-causing bacteria and plaque.
- Full-mouth restoration. If all or most of your teeth require treatment, a full-mouth restoration may be the best course of action. We will consult with you, examine your teeth, take scans, and layout the steps that will be required to give you the smile you need and deserve. This comprehensive solution may include one or more restorative dental procedures, including crowns, bridges, implants, and more.
- Dental implants. Dental implants are highly successful permanent solutions to missing teeth. Using guided surgery and other technology, we can guarantee effective and consistent results.
- Root canal therapy. If we determine that you have an infection in the dental pulp within your tooth, we will refer you to a trusted partner for root canal therapy to address the infection and relieve your pain. If you require a crown to protect the restored tooth, we are happy to help.
Would you like to discuss the restorative dentistry options that are best for you?
Call the Garine Prosthodontics team today to schedule a consultation.
Who can benefit from restorative dentistry?
Everyone with issues with their teeth stand to benefit from restorative dentistry treatments. If teeth with decay or damage are not addressed in a timely fashion, more decay and damage can occur, necessitating further treatment. For example, cavities left unchecked can continue to spread decay, which could cause tooth loss.
Likewise, missing teeth that are not replaced with a restorative treatment can leave a gap that causes other teeth to gradually become misaligned, affecting your bite and the look of your smile.
There have been many advances made in restorative dentistry. From the treatments themselves to the tools and technologies that support them, restorative dentistry has come a long way and continues to offer exciting solutions that return a patient’s oral health to the way it should be.