What does a full-mouth restoration include?
Fillings are used to help repair the damage caused by tooth decay.
- Dental onlays, or partial crowns, are a type of filling that covers the cusp. In full mouth restorations, we may recommend porcelain or ceramic onlays for improved aesthetics, particularly in teeth that are shown in a smile.
- Crowns, which are caps that are shaped, fitted, and placed over an existing tooth to help protect it after a weakening event or treatment. Crowns aim to repair and replace the shape and function of an existing tooth, and are commonly used to repair cracked and broken teeth or to protect a tooth following a root canal.
- Bridges are used to replace the gaps caused by missing teeth in a patient’s mouth. Some bridges use surrounding existing teeth to support them, while others rely on dental implants.
- Veneers are thin shells placed over the surface of teeth to improve the shape and size, protect exposed gums, brighten and whiten smiles, and more.
Dental implants are surgically implanted to replace missing teeth with a permanent solution.
Who can benefit from a full-mouth restoration?
There are many reasons why a full-mouth restoration would benefit a patient, including individuals with the following issues and conditions:
- Missing teeth regardless of the cause, including accidents and trauma, decay, dental-ordered extractions, and other reasons
- Failing fillings, large fillings that have weakened teeth, or teeth with fillings but continued signs of decay
- Damaged teeth, including cracks and breaks due to decay-weakened teeth, accidents, grinding, or other causes
- Pre-existing conditions, such as genetic disorders or inherited conditions that affect the appearance, alignment, and placement of teeth
- Oral cancer
What is getting a full mouth dental restoration like?
The entire team of professionals at Garine & Boza Prosthodontics is here for patients during full mouth dental restoration. From the very beginning, we will listen to you carefully and take the time to ensure that you understand all of your options so that together, we can select the best treatment plan personalized to you and your needs.
We use the latest technology and most advanced techniques to take images inside of your mouth to analyze the possible treatments you might need. We will show you a 3-D model of your teeth prior to treatment as well as simulate what your smile will look like once your full mouth restoration is complete. While a full dental restoration may take time to complete, we will be with you every step of the way to make sure your smile transformation is exactly what you want and need.
Whether you are receiving crowns to repair teeth affected by untreated nighttime grinding or full implants to boost your quality of life, you can rest assured that you will have access to the best care available at Garine & Boza Prosthodontics.
If you want to know what a full mouth dental restoration might look like for you — or if you are simply curious about what options are available to you — call us today. We will schedule an appointment with you to discuss treatment plans, goals for your oral health, and answer whatever questions you might have.